You are here
A BIT ABOUT SEGASEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five world-class development studios spanning the UK, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based at our European HQ, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a talented team of Tech gurus, Sales extraordinaires, Marketing & PR wizards, QA champions and more.Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business. WORKING THE SEGA WAYWe believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy a jam-packed social calendar, super cool offices and top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.Fitness buff? Get involved in our weekly boxing classes, or maybe even stretch the limbs with a game of ping pong. Foodie? Why not take advantage of Icecream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit every day? Need to find your zen? We’ve got you covered with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy (who doesn’t love that?). But that’s only the beginning – we have a gaming area complete with retro arcade games and consoles as well as all the latest stuff, a video games library and flexible working hours to ensure everyone gets to have a life outside of the office! We also hold regular lunch & learn sessions, product launch parties, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you’ll want to brag to your mates about! What’s not to love?Here at SEGA, we have a benefits package to rival the rest. This includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an extremely competitive contributory pension scheme.As well as the best benefits, we offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that the team can stay motivated and focussed on making SEGA the best it can be.We like to look after our people too with discounted gym membership, childcare vouchers, travel season ticket loans, a Ride to Work scheme and a flexible working environment which make us a great place to work.And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave! KEY RESPONSIBILITIESAccounts Payable
- Processing and matching purchase invoices with purchase orders within Oracle
- Maintain a system generated log of all invoices in Oracle.
- Follow up invoice queries with employees from all departments.
- Matching vendor invoices in multiple Oracle Companies.
- Preparation of weekly domestic and international payment runs.
- Monthly reconciliation of vendor statements and supplier ledgers.
- Handling balance and payment queries from suppliers.
- Preparation of remittances following weekly payment run.
- Opening and distributing the Finance team post.
- Weekly filing of all paid invoices and supplier forms.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations within the month end timeframe
- Maintaining the fixed asset register including but not limited to FA additions across all companies
- Run the daily Auto Invoice Programme
- Post sales invoices promptly, minimising the time lag between physical shipment and posting of the invoice
- Keep finance & sales departments aware of any known delays in posting invoices
- Check sales invoice details are correct – posting date, descriptions, VAT code, etc. prior to posting
- Post cash receipts onto customer accounts and allocate against invoices promptly
- Responsible for managing a number of key customer accounts including dispute resolution, sending out statements, chasing specific overdue accounts, cash allocation, debit/ credit note matching
- Escalating any issues to the Credit Manager
- Liaise with the sales, marketing and operations departments to ensure queries are resolved on a timely basis.
- Obtaining copy debit notes and back up information for sales and marketing deductions
- Provide holiday/ sickness cover for the Credit Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience working within the Accounts Payable and/ or Credit Control Function is desirable but not essential
- Previous experience of working in a commercial environment
- Strong academic record
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to identify priorities and work unsupervised for substantial periods
- Personable character, able to get on with staff at all levels of seniority
- Prior experience of the Oracle accounting package is desirable but not essential
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.