You are here
Live Operations Associate - EU / US
Studio OverviewHardlight is part of SEGA Networks Inc., a division of SEGA Networks Co., Ltd. Established in July 2012 as a division of Tokyo-based SEGA Corporation, SEGA Networks Inc. is focused on publishing games for mobile and tablet devices. Our games are based on SEGA’s most iconic brands in addition to the development of new intellectual properties.We are best known for our endless runner Sonic Dash franchise, whilst also bringing the beloved SEGA Arcade classic Crazy Taxi to the mobile arena. Hardlight is currently hard at work on an ambitious dark fantasy 4X project, bringing an existing Japanese IP to Western audiences.The team works from a custom designed and open plan studio in the heart of Royal Leamington Spa – a thriving town with a bustling game-development scene. We’re a small, dedicated bunch with drive, passion and creativity. Come and enjoy being a part of a highly experienced group of industry professionals who are passionate about what we do. We have a leading benefits package to boot, along with a collaborative and flexible working environment.Position Overview: As Live Operations Associate, you will be accountable to support the studio retention and monetisation strategy development in a free-to-play environment.Responsibilities:
- Plan, manage and execute innovative in-game events aimed to achieve game performance metrics, revenue quotas and improve player engagement.
- Owner of the VIP community, plan and handle special VIP programs aimed to increase and maintain paying user base enhancing their player experience on a real-time basis
- Work within the team to control the in-game economy, including hard and soft currency types, sales, item pricing, payment offer iterations, etc
- Identify, track and report emergent irregularities and/or issues effectively
- Connoisseur of the metrics needed for the growth of the game; monitor and analyse the KPIs for monetisation, virality and user engagement.
- Identify and develop new sales opportunities to effectively maximise sales performance
- Support the Community Manager in daily tasks when needed including communication plans and channel management.
- Knowledge of major Social Media applications and account management
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 2 years+ experience managing free-to-play online and/or mobile games with a focus on monetisation
- Deep understanding of free-to-play games model, economies and KPI’s: ARPPU, ARPU, Conversion rates, DAU/MAU, churn, etc
- Deep understanding of Gacha and chance based monetisation systems
- Strong Analytical capabilities and metrics driven decision making
- Able to work well in an agile, creative game development Studio with members of all disciplines
- Amiable and willing to follow direction but willing to bring their own ideas to the table
- An intuitive understanding of what constitutes a good gameplay experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the position is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.